How do I Update My Local Manual With Changes From the Version on my ScreenSteps Live Account?
This lesson will teach you how to download changes to your manual from your ScreenSteps account. If you are collaboratively working on a manual as a team it is advised that you do this each time before you working on a manual. This will ensure that you have the latest content..
Select Your ScreenSteps Account
Resolve Conflicts Screen
1. If there are conflicts then a list of conflicts will appear.
2. Click the Show History link to view the history of edits for the selected lesson or chapter.
3. The Download Updates button will not be enabled until all conflicts have been resolved.
Tip - You can quickly accept all changes from the server by selecting Accept all server changes from Bulk Actions (4).
There are two types of conflicts:
• Content Conflicts: The actual lesson contents are different.
• Meta Data Conflicts: The tags or status setting a for a lesson are different.
This is an example of a meta data conflict. I can select to:
1. Keep the local version
2. Keep the ScreenSteps Live version
In this example I have decided to keep the server version.