New Features in ScreenSteps 2.9
We are happy to announce the release of ScreenSteps 2.9. This upgrade is free to all registered users of ScreenSteps 2.x. In addition to the numerous improvements and bug fixes version 2.9 also has some great new features.
Number and Bullet Lists
ScreenSteps now supports bullet and number lists!
Improved PDF Export
ScreenSteps has a brand new PDF export engine!
- Choose from a variety of fonts for your PDF document.
- Support for all languages ScreenSteps supports.
- Customize fonts for different parts of the document.
- Add borders around images.
Other New Features
- Google Sites now supports encrypted connections.
- You can now import multiple lessons at a time from ScreenSteps Live.
- Key bindings on OS X now match standard platform key bindings.
- New Code Block formatting option for styling programming code.
- ScreenSteps can now automatically check for updates at launch.
New Features in ScreenSteps 2.8
Improved Screen Capture for both Mac and Windows
ScreenSteps 2.8.7 has a totally revamped screen capture utility for both Mac and Windows. You can now:
- Capture both regions and windows
- See detailed feedback on the size of your capture before you take it
- Reposition your capture box on the screen and easily resize it
- Cycle through your capture history
We have prepared a brief video that shows off the new features as well as why using your capture history is such a huge time saver.
ScreenSteps.me - When 1 picture isn't enough
We are happy to announce the launch of a brand new service, ScreenSteps.me. ScreenSteps.me will completely change the way you use ScreenSteps. ScreenSteps.me is like Skitch.com or Jing, but for documents you create in ScreenSteps. ScreenSteps.me will let you do much more than just share images though. Through the use of HTML templates you can easily insert your ScreenSteps content into:
- Email newsletters (this newsletter was created with the help of ScreenSteps.me)
- Services such as Basecamp
- Content management systems
You can also share links to your documents via Twitter, Facebook, email, instant message or anywhere else you would like to insert a url.
Watch the video overview or sign up for the public beta.
Blur Tool - Hide Sensitive Information
In our recent survey one of our most requested features was a blur tool. You asked and we delivered. You can now easily blur email addresses, passwords, names or anything else you want to hide in your screen captures.
New HTML Templates
You also asked for more templates. ScreenSteps 2.8.7 includes two new HTML templates, Modern and Modern - Black Red. We think that you will like the new designs. We have also gone back and updated existing templates to use a lightbox effect for viewing full size images of your screen captures.
We have also added yet another publishing format. ScreenSteps Pro users can now post directly to Zendesk forums. Not only can you create new posts, but you can also respond to existing posts with ScreenSteps content. If you are a Zendesk user this will save you hours of time.
New on ScreenSteps Live! - Auto Compare Manuals
ScreenSteps 2.8.7 has a fantastic new feature to help you work better with ScreenSteps Live. You can now configure ScreenSteps to automatically compare your local manual with ScreenSteps Live whenever you open a manual. This gives you instant feedback, letting you know if you are working with the latest version of your manual or not.
Does the export require the images to be placed as attachments in the footer of the article?
@michael: The Zendesk API does not provide way to hide the images that we attach to the forum post. Zendesk is aware of this. If support for hiding attachments is added to the API then we will update ScreenSteps accordingly.