Learn how to use the annotations tools built into ScreenSteps.
When you select an image (1) the annotation tools will appear on the toolbar (2). The current tools are Line, Rectangle, Oval, Sequence, Text and Blur.
Make an Annotation
Just select a tool and draw on the image. In this example we have used the rectangle tool.
1. Select - use the Select tool to select, resize and delete annotations. Quick Tip: Press "s" to select this tool.
2. Crop - use this to crop images. Quick Tip: Press "c" to select this tool.
These five tools allow you to annotate images:
- Line - draw straight lines with or without arrows.
- Rectangle - draw rectangles with or without fills.
- Oval - draw ovals with or without fills.
- Sequence - add numbers to your image.
- Text - add text annotations to your image.
- Blur - obfuscate sensitive information such as login names and passwords.
Quick Tip: Press "a" to select in tool in turn. Hold down the "shift" key to select in reverse order.
Open the Inspector to adjust colors, line thickness and fill as well as other parameters.
You can update multiple annotations on the same step by clicking on the "Apply to All" buttons for the current annotation. This will update all annotations for the current Step or the entire Lesson depending on which option you select.